The NaNoWriMo 2007 Report: Week 1

Thursday, November 08, 2007
It has been a good week!

I set myself a goal of a minimum of 1,700 words a day as a hedge against those days when the muse balks and decides to give me the silent treatment. So far (and I choose that phrase with great care), I have managed an average of more than 1,800 words each day.

I ended up doing the project this year that I really wanted to do, but needed the insistence of a friend and the toss of a three-sided die to settle on. It's a bit of an experiment for me, as I don't think I've ever tried to sustain something with this tone and perspective before. (I find it mildly disturbing how well most of it is flowing, but that's an issue for therapy, not here . . . or perhaps next year's NaNoWriMo. Hmmmm.)

Stay tuned to this station for next week's report . . .
Labels: ,