A Quick Glance Back, While Looking Ahead

Thursday, January 01, 2015

USS-Voyager-over-the-Golden-Gate-Bridge2And, once again, it’s a New Year.

Looking Back

Major accomplishments from last year:

  • Increase daily average to write at least 500 words each day (again, not including NaNoWriMo)
    I started out the year strong with this one, but then allowed myself to get distracted with other projects. That’s not to say that the other projects weren’t worthwhile, but I should have stuck to the word count too.
  • Complete and submit at least one novel for publication
    Did not happen. No excuses.
  • Submit at least one blog spot a month for external publication
    Did not happen. No excuses. Well . . . reasons that lead to at least one of my resolutions for 2015.
  • Continue to try to help make other’s dreams come true
    Winner! For reasons of mystery, secrecy, and diplomacy, I won’t elaborate here.
  • Read at least 30 books (and maybe more)
    Winner! 34 books and audiobooks. I was actually a little surprised by this—but pleased!
  • Win NaNoWriMo
    Winner! Although it was a near thing until toward the last few days . . .

Looking Ahead

Major goals for this year:

  • Return to writing at least a daily average of 500 words a day (not including NaNoWriMo)
  • Read at least 36 books (my stretch goal is 50)
  • Win NaNoWriMo (this will be my tenth year participating)
  • Continue to try to help make other’s dreams come true (this could take some interesting turns in 2015)
  • Stop waiting.

We’ll see how I did on December 31st, 2015. Now to “boldly go”!