Is it “Shooting Script”, or “Shoot the Script”?

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yes . . .SF_Night_200x200

It’s that time a year again and I begin to wonder, as I probably should have before, whether Script Frenzy isn’t some kind of cruel and sadistic practical joke pulled on compulsive writers for the month of April. Not that I’m into conspiracy theory, mind you, but it’s something to think about . . .

Anyway . . .

I’m at a bit of a loss this year. I have two possible ideas, but neither of them feels sustainable for 100 pages: one is a television script for a series of (possibly saleable) stories that I’ve been working on for a few years; the other essentially qualifies as fan fiction, as there is almost no chance that it will be saleable. The second one feels like more fun, and I have a better idea where I want to the story go. For the first, I have the basic concept of the story, but very little else.

So . . .

I have only a few hours to decide (or hope that the muse provides me with an entirely full-blown concept and story, a la Athena borne from Zeus). I’m tempted to tackle both and see which one works out the best in the end.

Stay tuned . . .