NaNoWriMo 2009 Report: Week 2

Sunday, November 15, 2009

nano_09_blk_participant_100x100_2.pngOn the second week of NaNo, my muse she said to me . . .

  • Total word count: 24,142
  • I have introduced a new character that will help immensely in dealing with one of the main thematic issues in the story.
  • The week continued to be almost exclusively sequential storytelling, from the beginning toward the end. I can see, however, that starting to slip away. But words is words. There’s nothing in the rules that said they had to be in the right order.
  • Average daily word count for the week: 1,685. This is slightly down from last week, that’s chiefly due to a lesser word count than expected on Saturday. Thank goodness I was (and still am!) slightly ahead.

The muse tended to stay fairly focused this week, (that lower count on Saturday was not her fault), but I can see her attention wondering. I have a bad feeling that Week Three is going to be, for me, nearly everyone else’s Week Two.

That’s all the procrastination for now. Until next week . . .

Labels: ,