Flipping Pages

Friday, October 03, 2008
What I'm Reading Now: Paul of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson

The others books done by Herbert and Anderson in this series have ranged from irritating to quite good. (I found their conclusion of the original Dune series in Sandworms of Dune to be almost as satisfying a conclusion as the last Harry Potter book.) I'm anticipating that it will be at least a moderately diverting read and I look forward to seeing how the events between Dune and Dune Messiah are explained.

What I'm Listening to Now: Majipoor Chronicles by Robert Silverberg

A sequel of sorts to Lord Valentine's Castle. It's actually an small anthology of sorts of short stories covering places and people in the history of Majipoor. Unlike the audio version of Lord Valentine's Castle, this audiobook is performed by multiple readers.


What I'm Writing Now: Emerald Flight - "Pilot"

Yes, still. And I need to finish it before NaNoWriMo begins on November 1st. I'm currently working at page 216 of 259. There's a sizable scene coming out that I am likely to cut entirely. There are a lot fewer gaps to fill in now, so completing by the end of the month. How long will it be when this draft is done? Ummm . . . a lot longer than it should be?