The Long Tale of a Short Story

Sunday, April 01, 2012

bbbI’m pleased to announce that I have finally completed the third re-write of my short story “Building Baby Brother”. I’m calling it “draft 2.0”, because I never liked the second version of it.

It’s been a longer journey than expected to get it completed. If you’re at all interested, you can follow some of the key blog posts here:

Much of that is, I suspect, procrastination on my part. I needed to put some pretty heavy baggage aside in order to resolve a few of the character and plot issues. I think I finally managed to accomplish that to both my satisfaction and to those who have read it in the past.

(And, no, for those of you who might have been following the progress of this story over the years, this is not an April Fool’s Day joke!)

On to the next one . . .