Rebooted, or a renewed kick in the pants

Sunday, August 23, 2009
This blog has been neglected for several months (not that anyone has noticed, I suspect). There are several reasons for this:
  1. Although I created this blog as a means to express my personal opinions on matters, I had failed so far to find a sufficiently interesting slant that might be of interest to others. There are innumerable blogs espousing opinions on political, social, and corporate matters. While I could offer my perspective to that sea of words, the odds are that they would be lost in that ocean of voices.
  2. Blogging on matters of writing alone feels a bit egotistical and self-serving with only one published book to my credit, and that one out of print.
  3. I have no desire to use my blog as a public diary. My personal life is just that—personal. I have little wish to share its intimate details with the online masses, nor does my ego support the supposition that my day-to-day activities might be of even remote interest to anyone other than close friends and family (and that's even doubtful).
All that said, I found myself unable to simply delete this blog and move on. So, I tidied up a bit, dusted away the digital cobwebs, and added a fresh coat of paint.

We'll see what happens.
Labels: ,