Script Frenzy: Final Cut

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Okay, nothing to see here . . . Move along, move along . . .

Well, June has come . . . and gone. Script Frenzy has also come . . . and gone. 2,879 words completed out of 20,000. There's all sorts of reasons (and a few lame excuses) as to why, but I figure any number of words greater than zero is a good thing. And I did learn a few things along the way:

  • The muse seems to enjoy working in script format. The entire time, though, I envision her hovering over my shoulder, with her wings slowly flapping, wearing a shirt that reads "What I want to do is Direct" (http://www.cafepress.com/hollywoodgifts/3022725).

  • Sometimes I think it's possible to aim one's goals a little too high. Writing a good romantic comedy is even harder than it looks. One of the challenges of Script Frenzy was to start with an idea from scratch, and that's the one the muse chose. On the bright side, at least I got the idea started and learned several things in the process.

So, in the end, nothing to see here . . . Move along, move along . . .