Scary Stuff From the "What the Heck Was I Thinking?" Department

Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Today is October 31st (Halloween). Tomorrow is November 1st. Tomorrow also begins National Novel Writing Month, also known as NaNoWriMo. I can thank (blame?) the illustrious (infamous?) Elemental Mom for encouraging me to attempt the challenge this year.

The goal is to write a 50,000-word novel during the month of November. In case you're interested: that works out to approximately 1,667 words per day, or 6.7 manuscript pages per day. On a good day, when the muse is full of herself and speaking long and loud, 6.7 pages is a stretch, but not unattainable. But to exceed the cardinal rule of "a page a day" by 5.7 pages every day for 30 days(!) is a significant undertaking.

Here's my page in case you want to track my progress: http://www.nanowrimo.org/userinfo.php?uid=129927.

Let the adventure begin!
Labels: ,