NaNoWriMo 2013 Report: It’s a Mystery . . .

Thursday, October 31, 2013

2013-Participant-Square-Button-72By the twitching of my thumbs, another NaNo this way comes . . .

So . . .

The gauntlet has been thrown down before me. I’ve been challenged to write something “different” this year. I’ve been informed that I need to write something with more emotional content, less “detached” than my usual science fiction fare.

Oh? Really?

And just what’s wrong with time-traveling starship crews, faster-than-light slipstream drives, cyborgs with a conscience, and assorted aliens?

Plenty, it seems.

Fine. Challenge accepted.

I’m going to attempt something in the Mystery/Thriller category. This is something that I’ve never done before. While I’ve written stories with mystery-driven plots before, they’ve always been nestled within science fictional trappings. Setting a story in the here and now is not something I’ve typically done. To say that I’m a tad trepidatious about doing this would not be an understatement.

Well, we shall see on what kind of journey my muse takes me over the next 30 days. Wish me luck.

As always, you can watch my progress here.

Labels: ,