NaNoWriMo 2012 Report: Week 2

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Participant-73x73Current word count: 30,067
Average words per day: 2,173

Still going steady. These word count numbers are new personal bests for Week 2 by a significant margin.

It’s still not clear where this story is heading. The characters are all doing things. A potentially key, pivotal event is coming up. There is much intrigue. As a whole, though, I’m not yet sure what it’s all leading up to.

I’ve barely touched on the underlying themes that I wanted to present in this story. I’m not sure why I’m shying away from them. It might be that I know what I want to do there, so I’m holding them back in reserve for days later in the month when I’m truly stuck or don’t have enough time to wait on the muse.

I’ve had a few ideas of how to structure the characters better within the context of the story. I suspect that will help drive some of the action in the writing days ahead.

Well, back at it . . .

Labels: ,