NaNoWriMo 2011 Report: Week 1

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Neutral2_100_100_whiteCurrent word count: 13,188
Average words per day: 1,884

The first week has gone pretty well. I’ve been managing to keep to my aspirational goal of averaging 1,800 words a day (a bit more than the 1,667 needed to keep on track for a November 30 finish).

Surprisingly, I’ve been able to maintain momentum from the start of the story moving chronologically forward. I don’t think that I’ll be able to sustain that during the remaining three weeks, though, as many of the scenes in my notes take place far later in the story.

I know the theme that I want this story to revolve around, but I haven’t quite gotten there yet. All of the ideas I’ve had so far to appropriately set up the situation feel trite or hackneyed. I’m hoping that somewhere in the upcoming scenes that something will fall into place that will work.

I’ve saved several scenes in reserve for nights when the muse adamantly refuses to play along. I don’t know if there’s enough of them to keep me going until November 30, so I’ve been hoarding them for later use.

That’s all I have for now. Back at it!

Labels: ,