Mid-March Madness

Monday, March 16, 2009
What I'm Reading Now: Q & A by Keith R. A. DeCandido

I'm at all certain what this story is about yet, particularly as Q has not even made more than a passing appearance. To be fair, though, I'm only about 30 pages into the book.

What I'm Listening to Now: Hunters of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson

Okay, I'm a completist. Having finished the audiobook edition of Chapterhouse Dune, I had to see once more how the entire end-story played out.

What I'm Watching Now: Watchmen

I deliberately did not re-read the original graphic novel before viewing the film. I didn't want to have the story that fresh in my mind with the accompanying expectations and preconceptions. That disclaimer now out of the way . . .

I thought the film was very, very good. Rather than possibly spoil the story for anyone who has not seen it or read the original graphic novel, I'll roughly summarize it by saying that it makes last year's The Dark Knight seem sunny and cheerful in comparison.