Disciplinary Actions

Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Okay, yeah, yeah, I've been slacking lately . . .

Ever since my all-too-brief vacation in Hawaii, the muse has decided that she and I are no longer on good speaking terms. As a result, I have stopped waiting for her to snap of her current snit and use more direct methods. (Many of my characters have gone silent. It's been kind of spooky. I don't know if she didn't like Waikiki, or if she didn't want to leave.)

A page a day . . . write a page a day . . .

For the past two weeks it's been working. The first draft of Battlefield is coming to a close, albeit more slowly than I would like. I know where it needs to go, but it's been a struggle getting there in a way that makes rational sense in terms of the overall plot and characters. What I thought was going to be one more chapter is likely to be two, but that's how it goes sometimes . . .

For those who read this blog (all three of you ;) ), I wanted to give a brief explanation of the frequent lengthy gaps between posts. With limited writing time, my priorities are generally:
  1. Paying (or potentionally-paying) work. (The aforementioned page a day.)
  2. New ideas that might lead to the above.
  3. Posts for the gaming group forum (some of which will lead to the above).
  4. This blog.
There are only so many hours in the day, after all. (And, no, I don't believe that sleep is overrated. :) )
Labels: